Sunday 17 May 2009

No accomodation

I received an accomodation email from Barts friday afternoon, had a good read on whats on offer, submitted my online application.... and 2 minutes after that i received an automated email which basically declined my application as i lived too close to the uni ... (within london..but by no means close!).

I will still keep my fingers crossed as i hope to hear off the accom waiting list early october, but most probably i will have to settle with living at home and making the dreaded long travel on a daily basis (i could always just read on the tube, prepare for the lecture, or er.. take a nap). Alternatively i could rent near the uni nearer the time, though it does seem a waste of money to rent near the uni when i live within london, but then again im not too keen on the 2.5hour journey each day! I'll think about it over the summer.

--- 17 shifts left!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was declined accomondation within 5 seconds, so at least you had 115 seconds of hope that you may receive it regardless of your location :)

Anonymous said...

You need to lie about your address.

Anonymous said...

you cant because its on your ucas application, unless you change it early on. Even if you put a friends or another family members address on it at the start, i wouldn't like all my decisions going through them first lol. Anyway, whats done is done.

Tofu said...

Well, like anonymous 3 (probably the same person as anonymous 1) rightly put, whats done is done - i agree its a bit of a bum situation, but i'm sure i'll find a way to make use of the journey (sleep!)

Sengcheek said...

i thought the reason you chose barts was that it was going to be cheaper anyway? Living at home was going to be the cheap option?

Tofu said...

Living at home hands down is definately the cheaper option(!), but it is always tempting to be closer to uni.

(though to be honest - you're right.. i should really stick to my reasons for choosing barts, and save the extra money to better use)

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!